The FNQ Emergency Services Association was recently incorporated and is now known as the FNQ Emergency Services Association Inc (“FNQESA”).
The FNQESA membership is made up of members from the emergency services in FNQ, including:
- Queensland Fire and Emergency Services encompassing Fire and Rescue, State Emergency Service, Rural Fire Service and Emergency Management
- Queensland Ambulance Service
- Queensland Police Service
- State Emergency Services (SES)
- Airport Rescue Fire Fighting
The objects and purpose of the association are:
- to promote comradery between the emergency services personnel by undertaking the object and purpose of sub-rule (1)(b); and
- to undertake fundraising events throughout Far North Queensland to raise money to be added to the capital of the trust fund, to be distributed to non-for-profit community organisations in Far North Queensland that relieve poverty, distress or disadvantage of individuals or families in Far North Queensland.
This committee was established in 2015 following the Ravenshoe tragedy to assist fund raising for the survivors. Through the hard work of our committee we raised $24,000 from that event. Since then we have held an annual event to support our local community and to celebrate the hard work local Emergency services provide to the community. In 2016 we supported our local Make a Wish, 2017 was the Dr Edward Koch Foundation for suicide prevention, 2018 the FNQ Youth Assistance Fund, 2019 for Street Level Youth Care and in 2021 we raised a record breaking $63,800 for local charity, Kick On, for Mental Health awareness and prevention. In total over the years we have raised over $214,000 to support our local community.